Thursday 16 August 2012

A beginning

Using blogs is new to me. I'm the generation that first wrote letters and then wrote emails so when I go to communicate with friends or family, it's email I now turn to by habit. I'm used to sharing my ideas with a very defined audience who I choose - not an audience who might choose me. So I'm a little daunted and challenged by the concept of throwing my ideas out there to the world and I wonder whether the ripples they make have any particular value or resonance. It's not that I question the value of my opinion, it's just that I wonder about the enormity of the ocean into which my ideas splash.

But I also believe passionately in the power of ideas to make the world. Web 2.0 is a place where apathy and conformity can sometimes be challenged; where the sluggish momentum for social change can sometimes be given a little sting in the tail by one careful word or image that comes seemingly from nowhere and invites us all to imagine a different and better world.

This is something worth being a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Sharing ideas is what it is all about. If you have written posts along similar lines, please add a link as well.